Honey is nature’s best gift to human beings. It is being used since ancient times, not only as a sweetener but also as beauty and health products. At my grandma’s time honey was directly extracted from honeycombs for use and did not come in branded bottles. Some main uses of honey are as follows:
- Spread on parantha or on bread, it is a very good breakfast item
- For constipation, take one glass of warm milk, add one tablespoon of honey. Consume at bedtime, it really works.
- As a scrubber honey is very good for dry skin. Take one tablespoon of honey, add half spoon of semolina or powered sugar, mix well, scrub it on face and wash it after 10 minutes.
- In the morning before taking tea, take honey with lemon juice. It is ver good for our whole body. Take one glass of lukewarm water, add half tablespoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey.
- Sometimes our eyes are itching due to some tiny foreign materials like dust or fiber that are not easily removed. For this, use honey. Take a small drop of honey on your finger tip and apply like kajal in eyes. After a few minutes, tears will come out from eyes and dust or other tiny particles will also come out with them.
- In astrology, honey has great importance. Keep a small bottle of honey in your locker. It is believed that honey never rots or spoils, so it is very auspicious.